Build Your Career with Alexander Lumber
At Alexander Lumber, we are always searching for talented individuals with the right mix of drive and technical skill. Alexander Lumber has been family-owned for more than 125 years and is proud to offer our employees a family-oriented work environment. In addition, we provide great benefits and opportunities for advancement.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please use the form to the right to submit your resume.
Outside Sales Representative needed
The Outside Sales Rep (OSR) will focus on new business development by selling Alexander Lumber Co.’s full range of Building Materials products to customers and contractors in an assigned territory. The OSR will be working with and selling to contractors by meeting with them at their job sites, understanding their needs, and recommending solutions.
· Generating revenue through consultative selling, building customer relationships with new and existing customers.
· Educate customers on Alexander Lumber Co’s product offering
· Prepare accurate and timely material estimates, professional presentation, timely follow through
· Order products, schedule deliveries to coincide with customer needs
· Find solutions to various issues that may arise.
- Contractor Sales Experience Required
- Experience in the Building Material’s industry with an emphasis on windows, doors, and millwork.
- Organized, accurate, good attention to detail
- Customer service minded
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance.
Alexander Lumber Co. is family-owned and comprised of a group of full line building material locations. The company has been serving various Illinois and Wisconsin markets for more than 125 years. Alexander Lumber Co. takes great pride in the level of customer service and the quality of products it provides. The company focuses on serving the needs of contractors and project consumers. From lumber to flooring, Alexander has it all.
Alexander Lumber Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CDL Delivery Driver
Alexander Lumber Company is seeking full-time CDL (Class A or B) Truck Drivers, Forklift Operators and Yard Laborers. We have more than 125 years of experience serving the professional contractor, the remodeling contractor, and do-it-yourself customers.
We provide a competitive compensation and benefit package. We offer medical, dental, vision, and a 401K Plan.
Apply on our site by uploading your resume or email us directly at Careers@alexlbr.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
Window Service Technician
Location: Woodstock, IL / Alexander Lumber Crystal Lake
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Pay Status: Hourly
Alexander Lumber is searching for a Window Service Technician for the Chicagoland area to be the point of contact for window installation and quotes, ensuring all information needed for an installation is correct and in the proper location. The just-right candidate will use their enthusiasm and eagerness to apply their industry knowledge to all of facets window sales and installation to ensure customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Could include, but not limited to:
1. In-store window repairs, mull assembly, extension jamb assembly, etc.
2. In-home window service work.
3. In-home screen and hardware installs.
4. Great customer service and communication skills a must.
5. Great organizational skills a must.
6. Loading and unloading of material at store.
7. General cleaning and maintenance of work vehicle and work station.
8. Support pricing process by providing accurate measurements and assessments for labor/materials.
9. Adapt product specifications to the installation requirements.
10. Perform pre- and post-installation inspections.
11. Anticipate roadblocks that could impact customer expectations, job costs and/or code performance; recommend solutions.
12. Execute change order specifications.
13. Maintain a substantive knowledge of products, install techniques, and construction basics.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; deal with problems involving a few concrete variables and standardized situations.
3. 2 years’ professional experience installing/repairing windows, roofing, siding, and related home improvement projects.
4. Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel; experience with Customer Relationship management systems preferred.